Schedule an hour to talk with a person in the elderly stage of development. Be sure to tell the person that you are completing the interview as part of a class assignment and that the content of the interview is confidential. Conduct an informal interview, focusing on the participant’s developmental history.
Consider the following:
Family history and background
School environment and educational experience
Partnerships and parenthood
Significant life events
Significant life transitions
In addition to the interview data, you may also gather information about behavioral observations during the interview. Analyze the data you collected by comparing it to the current trends in elderly development. You will find these trends in the textbook as well as research studies found in the University online library.
Write a 1,000-1,250 word reflective paper based on the interview. In your paper, include information on the following:
- Most notable aspects of the interview. What topics did your interviewee respond most strongly to and why?
- Most surprising aspects of the interview: Did any of the interviewee’s responses surprise you? Explain.
- A commentary about the interviewee’s most significant or meaningful life events. What stood out as being most important in his/her life?
- A commentary about the interviewee’s most challenging transitions. What life transitions did your interviewee comment on? Did he/she discuss any specific strategies for coping with difficult life transitions?
- A discussion of what you learned from this experience.
Use the research literature in gerontology and successful aging to support your main points.
Include at least three references from scholarly sources.
your paper according to APA style.