1. TCO 12 Carmen has a very difficult time breathing. Even after walking short distances, she is gasping for air. Carmen is exhibiting symptoms of ____.
2. TCO 12 As a person reaches old age, his or her metabolic rate declines. How should this person adjust his or her diet to compensate for this change?
3. Who is most likely to be wisest concerning the problem of whether a person should accept a new job and relocate his or her family?
4. Which type of therapy for depression would be most interested in altering internal belief systems?
5. Gene is about to retire after coaching college basketball for 30 years. He has decided that rather than going cold turkey on coaching, he will take a low-paying part-time job as a high school coach to help ease him into retirement. Gene's actions best exemplify _____.
6. Which statement concerning sibling relationships is true?
7. The average married woman can expect ____________.
8. Jensen is dying. She is explaining to her family that she would like to spend her last days in her country home alone with her husband. These arrangements are an example of ______________.
9. Which best explains the relationship between social supports, kinship, and bereavement?
10. The grieving process is much ____ than most people believe it to be
11. List and briefly explain Kubler-Ross' five stages of dealing with impending death.