1. Occupational burnout comes from an excessive _________________
2. Who would most likely be giving a speech titled "Understanding the Continuum of Vocational Maturity"?
3. According to Kram (1985), the mentor relationship begins with ____ and ends with ____.
4. Though Jenny has not decided on a career, she has taken a number of temporary jobs in hopes of finding something she really likes. Jenny is most likely in Super's ____ phase of occupational development.
5. Fran finds that no matter what she does, or how well she performs, she cannot get promoted above a certain mid-management position in her company. Fran is most likely experiencing _____.
6. In 1950, in the U.S. population, the percentage of women over age 16 that were working outside the home was about 29 percent. In 2006, that percentage was about _____.
7. A manufacturing company wants 55-year-old Neema to retire from her job, but she refuses. In response, the company changes her job so that instead of having to stack 80, 20-pound packages an hour, she now has to stack 20, 80-pound packages. This best exemplifies _____.
8. If Jim and Nell are a typical heterosexual couple, Nell will be happiest if Jim helps by _____.
9. Tim is in a terrible bind. He has promised his son that he would go to his concert but is now expected to meet a job candidate at the airport at the same time. Tim is experiencing _____.
10. Longitudinal studies show that as one gets older, leisure activities tend to become less _____.
11. Who is least likely involved in a leisure activity?
12. Sylvester has a "Type A" behavior pattern, and Stallone has a "Type B" behavior pattern. Which statement is true?
13. Tom has always wanted to be a father but has not yet found an acceptable partner. He is now 35-years-old, healthy, and is beginning to be concerned about how much longer he will remain fertile. When he asks his doctor about this, his doctor tells him that he will probably be capable of fathering a child
14. Who is at the greatest risk of currently experiencing osteoporosis?
15. Osteoporosis is best thought of as involving a loss of bone
16. Which statement between adult learners and their younger counterparts is true?
17. Which best describes the normal pattern of pragmatic and mechanics intelligence development between ages 25 and 70?
18. Though Elsa does not score particularly high on traditional intelligence tests, she is very good at understanding income tax forms, can deal very well with all different kinds of people, and is a good troubleshooter around the home and office. Elsa exhibits _____.
19. Cultural conservator is a style of grandparenting intended to
20. When asked to describe her grandparenting style, Janis says, "My grandkids are everything to me!" This comment best fits with the ____ dimension of grandparenting