1. According to the ADA,
2. Who would Apter (2001) be most likely to call a "thresholder?"
3. Nicola is 18-years-old, and engages in many risky behaviors. For example, she drives very fast and recklessly, and does not use any protection when having sex. If Nicola is a typical adolescent, these behaviors will ____ when she gets older
4. Dr. Winslow is doing a health survey of 200 young adults. If this group is typical of young adults in the United States, about ____ of them will say they are in good health (or better).
5. Who is at the greatest risk of a heart attack?
6. Which statement by 25-year-old Flossie is most likely false?
7. Smoking represents a major medical problem in the United States with about ____ people each year dying from smoking-related disorders
8. In the United States, more than _____________ people abuse or are dependent on alcohol.
9. Evidence for interindividual variability in intelligence is best demonstrated when ___________________________.
10. Who is most at risk for experiencing cognitive decline in old age?
11. When making a court decision, Judge Ito says, "I try to come to reasonable solutions based on the basis of the best arguments that I have available." Judge Ito appears to be in the ____ stages of reflective judgment.
12. Mature thinkers tend to ______________________.
13. Young adults, 18- to 24-year-olds, most commonly mention _________________ issues when asked about their hoped-for-selves
14. Jasmine plans to get her engineering degree when she is 22, get married by the time she is 25, have two children by the time she is 30, and retire at age 55. Jasmine's personal timetable for important events in her future is called a _________________.
15. At age 22, Jerry envisions himself as an entrepreneur who will use his talents to start and successfully run his own business in the future. Jerry's view of himself in the future is called a __________________________.
16. Based on statistics, which pair would you expect to have had the most past short-term relationships?
17. Pauline is a typical American woman cohabiting with her boyfriend, Amparo. If Pauline is typical of women who cohabits, she
18. According to exchange theory, the key factor in determining whether an exchange will increase marital satisfaction is the _______________________.
19. Which statement concerning singlehood, marriage, and sex differences in the United States is true?
20. Which factor seems to be the best predictor of healthy post-divorce relationships?