1. If you were asked to describe the pattern of the average age of menarche onset in Europe between 1840 and today, you should say,
2. One way to reduce the incidence of obesity in adolescents is to have them engage in "regular activity." Which of the following defines such activity?
3. Which concept describes the development of processing speed between age 8 and age 18?
4. Gilligan's original complaint against Kohlberg's theory was that it
5. A person in the first stage of preconventional moral reasoning relies heavily on _____ when making a moral judgment
6. While in the _____ identity status stage, a person is examining numerous alternatives but finds none totally satisfactory (i.e., parents, role models).
7. The text characterized the notion of adolescence being a time of great "storm and stress" as being a _____.
8. Nicholas and Alexandra are typical American teenagers. How would their descriptions concerning their first sexual experience most likely differ?
9. According to the statistics presented in your book, if there are 20 adolescent girls in your class, what would be the best estimate for how many of them are depressed?
10. Which of the following 15-year-olds is least likely to drink alcohol?
11. Why should a parent be able to expect that talking to an adolescent is going to help him or her develop more mature moral reasoning?