1. Who would be the most likely to have just achieved close to her full adult stature?
2. How many of the following are considered secondary sex characteristics: growth of facial hair in boys, widening of the pelvis in girls, broadening of shoulders in boys, voice change in girls?
3. Who is most likely to enjoy positive psychological benefits from the timing of maturation?
4. Which statement concerning the timing of puberty in males and females is true?
5. Research has shown that
6. Fifteen-year-old Kristi was adopted when she was an infant. Her adult weight is best predicted by the
7. According to the text, currently, in the United States, about one in ____ adolescents is overweight
8. Ashley is an anorexic who has lost significant weight yet refuses to seek any treatment. This is a potentially life-threatening decision, as about ____ of people in her situation die of symptoms related to the eating disorder.
9. Jan's decision to stay home from school because she thinks everyone will notice a pimple she has recently discovered on her chin serves as an excellent example of
10. When Molly hears that several people in her geometry class think she's great, it is likely to
11. Based on past research, one would predict that a strong association with American culture would have the most detrimental effects on the ethnic self-concept of
12. Which environmental factors are most likely to result in a strong sense of ethnic self-concept?
13. Tim says that he doesn't use condoms when he has sex because he's "too afraid to go buy them." This best fits with the ____ reason for not using contraceptives
14. A major theme of most date rape prevention workshops is to
15. According to the text, who has the least effective plan for decreasing the probability of teenage pregnancy in a school population?
16. Sid and Nancy are out on their fifth date. Which factor is least likely to increase the possibility of an acquaintance rape occurring?
17. Which statement concerning cigarette smoking is true?
18. During the implementation phase of career development, a person
19. The most effective non-drug interventions for teenage depression focus on _____________.
20. Approximately ____ of all violent crimes in the United States are committed by adolescents