1. As a Piagetian, Faye would believe that a concrete operational child's ability to reverse thought is due to his or her acquisition of
2. When 80-year-old Marques is asked about his life, he is able to vividly recall his high school graduation party that occurred 60 years ago. Where was this information stored just before it was recalled by Marques?
3. Metamemory is defined as an individual's
4. Which statement concerning math and culture is true?
5. You are the parent of a normal-sized 8-year-old boy. As such, how many calories should you ensure that your child consumes each day so that he maintains a normal rate of development?
6. According to the text, when coaches emphasize winning over skill development _____.
7. In a typical group of 6-year-old boys, who would you expect to be the leader?
8. Isao's mother and father can never agree on decisions related to Isao. As a result, Isao's mother often goes behind his father's back and makes decisions that she thinks are correct. According to recent research, Isao can become more _____ as a result of this competition between parents
9. Mabel likes to hit other children for no other purpose than to see them get hurt and feel scared. Which term best describes Mabel's behavior?
10. When Sami is asked about what other people think of her, she has a very difficult time answering, because she can't seem to take her friend's perspective when looking at herself. What would Piaget call Sami's difficulty?
11. What has research found about boys who watch violence on television and/or play violent video games?