1. Which reflects a basic ability available only to a formal operational thinker?
2. Who is most likely the formal operational thinker?
3. The statements, "People who study for their psychology tests get good grades" and "Sigmund studied for his psychology test," along with the conclusion "Sigmund will get a good grade on his psychology test," represents an example of a(n) ____ test.
4. Morris, a 17-year-old African American, is taking an intelligence test during his senior year of high school. Which of his current thoughts would indicate that he is experiencing stereotype threat?
5. Which question is best answered through convergent thinking?
6. Wise, Ring, and Olson (1999) conducted a study in which they attempted to identify the best method for training children with reading disabilities. What did they conclude?
7. During the elementary school years
8. In regard to elementary-school-aged children's motor skills,
9. Gender differences in motor skills during the elementary school years are due in part to _________________________.
10. Tito would be more likely to have friends of a different race if
11. Crowd is to clique as ___________________________________.
12. Rita is incredibly aggressive on the hockey rink but is very nice to everyone when she isn't competing. What term best describes Rita's on-ice aggression?
13. In a group based on a dominance hierarchy, you can expect
14. Which 5-year-old is likely to have the biggest vocabulary?
15. When five-year-old Lucia hears on a commercial that "This is the best toy in the whole world!" she
16. Which child most likely would have just realized that commercials are not simply entertainment, but programs designed with the intent to persuade?
17. Who has the most advanced form of perspective taking?
18. Which of the following statements about prejudice is false?
19. Prejudice ______________________________________.
20. The use of ____ in descriptions of people tends to increase as we age.