For your Final Paper, select one of the following disorders to investigate:
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Pathological Gambling
- Factitious Disorder by Proxy
- Substance Dependence
- Borderline Personality Disorder
Present a thorough overview of the chosen disorder. Your audience has no prior knowledge of this disorder; therefore, be sure your explanations are relevant to your audience. When writing your paper, it is critical that you convey all the necessary information in a straightforward manner using non-technical language. Support your analysis with at least five scholarly, peer-reviewed sources (not including the course text) that were published within the last five years. Your Final Paper must include the following:
- Define the disorder and its main symptoms.
- Describe the relationship between this disorder and other disorders.
- Describe who is most likely to have this disorder with regard to age, gender, social class and ethnicity.
- Summarize the risk factors (biological, psychological, and/or social) for this disorder. If one of the categories is
not relevant, address this within the summary.
- Evaluate recommended treatments for the disorder and the likelihood of success or possible outcomes for each
- List five references (include both print and web-based sources) that would provide more information for
individuals with this disorder. Give the reference for the source as well as a two to three sentence description for
each resource. This list of support resources will not count toward the required resources for your paper.
- Apply what you have learned throughout the course to your career (present and future). What information have
you found to be the most useful or relevant?