1. What will you need to understand and measure for an effective reengineering project?
2. Enabling organizations to make continual improvements to many business processes and to use processes as the fundamental building blocks of corporate information systems is the goal of
3. The _____ is directly responsible for the individual systems project.
4. Which process develops a detailed description of the functions that a new information system must perform?
5. The entire system-building effort is driven by
6. Systems design
7. Transferring transaction data from a legacy system to the new system would be defined by which category of system design specifications?
8. What is the primary driving factor in firms to select domestic outsourcing firms to build system solutions?
9. The four kinds of structural organizational change enabled by IT, in order from least to most risky, are
10. Traditional software development methodologies often fail because
11. You have been hired by a pharmaceutical company to evaluate its inventory of systems and IT projects. Which types of projects would be best avoided?
12. To best evaluate, from a financial standpoint, an IT investment whose benefits cannot be firmly established in advance, you would use
13. What do many companies overlook when making information system investment decisions?
14. Information systems projects are valued similarly to stock options in which model of financial evaluation?
15. An example of an external integration tool would be:
16. Agile methodologies emphasize
17. The major variables in project management are
18. Using a strategic analysis approach, an organization's information requirements are known through a small number of
19. In which approach to systems building are the development stages organized so that tasks in one stage are completed before the tasks in the next stage have begun?
20. The process of building an experimental system quickly and inexpensively for demonstration and evaluation so that users can better determine information requirements.