In this assignment, you will discuss the information you have learned about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act over the past weeks and about the provisions concerning Medicare, Medicaid, the individual mandate, and employer responsibilities.
- From your research in Week 1, now that the law was passed, explain the impact you think the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will have on the uninsured population in the U.S.
- Prioritize the importance of the provisions studied to date (e.g., Medicare, Medicaid, the individual mandate) and tie into it this week's discussion on healthcare disparities from the most important to the least important. State the reasons you ranked the provisions in the order you presented.
- Discuss the potential success or failure of this act. Justify your opinion.
- Discuss future implications of this act's success or failure.
- Present your analysis with supporting information as a 3- to 5-page report in a Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
- Name your document SU_MHC6304_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SU_MHC6304_W5_A2_Smith_J.doc.
- By Saturday, May 9, 2015, submit your report to the W5 Assignment 2 Dropbox.
- Cite all sources in APA format.