1. (TCO 1) Shelly, an HR manager, recently had a meeting with the production manager to determine if the firm's vacation policy was been strictly followed in the production department. Shelly was most likely performing a _____ function.
2. (TCO 1) Sweet Leaf Tea, a Texas-based maker of bottled iced tea, is a small but fast-growing firm that has gained a loyal following for its use of fresh, organic ingredients in its beverages. Although beverage industry experts recommended that Sweet Leaf replace the organic cane sugar and honey it uses with less costly high-fructose corn syrup, Sweet Leaf refused because of the company's mission to provide a high-quality, organic beverage to consumers. The 11-year-old company has 50 employees, and its products are available in 30% of the U.S. market. Sweet Leaf Tea recently received multimillion dollar investments that will enable the business to expand its national presence.
Which of the following, if true, would most likely undermine the argument that Sweet Leaf Tea should implement a corporate-level strategy of vertical integration?
5. (TCO 3) Which of the following laws most impacts pregnant women’s employee and/or employer rights and obligations?
6. (TCO 3) A company used a personality test to select job candidates for customer service positions. There were 40 male candidates and 20 female candidates. It appeared that 30 men passed the personality test and five women passed the personality test. Was there evidence of disparate impact against female candidates with this personality test?
10. (TCO 5) Which method interviews the job incumbents simultaneously?
11. (TCO 6) Which of the following recruiting advertisements is the least likely to be considered discriminatory by the EEOC?
13. (TCO 7) Which is the difference between a conditional job offer and a permanent job offer?