Read the following scenario:
Barbara’s Bakery, LLC, a new company, has concerns about employment laws. Barbara’s Bakery wants to ensure the company complies with all laws during the hiring process and when it begins to do business. You are a consultant of the company and are asked to assist with compliance.
Choose and research one employment law from Column A and one from Column B.
Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (FLSA)
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA)
Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA)
Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)
Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA)
Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978
Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA)
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII)
Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA)
Equal Pay Act of 1963
Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
Civil Rights Act of 1991
Write a paper of no more than 1,400 words in which you answer the following questions about each of the two laws you chose:
· What are the provisions of the law, and why is it important for the management team of a limited liability company to be familiar with those provisions?
· As a consultant, what would you recommend to management to comply with the provisions of the law?
· What are the penalties, if any, for noncompliance with the provisions of the law?
· Does the law you chose apply to employees, independent contractors, or both? Explain your answer.
· Does your answer affect any recommendations you would make to Barbara’s Bakery about whether to hire employees or independent contractors?
· If the law you chose applies to employees, does it apply to temporary, part-time, and full-time employees?
Include at least one researched reference citation other than the course textbook.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.