Read the case study titled “The Hair Emporium,” prior to doing the assignment.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Decide on the types of accounting and financial records that Rolando and Rosa should and should not share with their franchisees. Provide a rationale with your response.
2. Expound on the importance of completing balance sheets and operating statements on a monthly and yearly basis.
3. Predict the consequences that would result if Rolando and Rosa completed balance sheets and operating statements on a quarterly basis instead of a monthly basis.
4. Determine whether Rolando and Rosa should recommend, insist upon, or be indifferent to the types of accounting procedures all franchisees should follow.
5. Reach conclusions about the financial health of the Hair Emporium by assessing the accounting and financial records provided in the case study, including the ratios you used and why you selected them.
6. Use at least two (2) quality academic sources to support your answers. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Analyze accounting and financial statements in regard to the franchise industry.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in chain management and franchising.
· Write clearly and concisely about chain management and franchising using proper writing mechanics.