Job Description and Recruiting Strategies Worksheet
Conduct an interview with someone who has a career or position that is different from your own. Identify the duties associated with his or her position, as well as any skills and abilities necessary for the position. Use the information gathered in the interview, as well as the Week 3 readings, to complete the following worksheet. Answer each question in paragraph format.
1. What are the duties and job responsibilities associated with the position held by the individual you interviewed?
What are the types of knowledge, skills, and abilities that are needed to successfully accomplish the job responsibilities?
2. What additional factors do you think should be included in the job description, such as physical tasks, mental acuity, etc.?
1. What are the essential functions of the position?
Compose a 350- to 500-word job description based on the data acquired in your interview. Make sure that the essential functions of the position are identified in the description.
1. What are three recruiting strategies that could be used to recruit for this position?
2. In 350- to 500-words, compare the recruiting strategies you have chosen. Which recruiting strategy would you use to recruit for this position? Why?