Identify a site in your state that is being or has been cleaned up under the federal superfund program.
Research the following:
- The Superfund Act (CERCLA) of 1980
- Pollution issues associated with mining, municipal, and hazardous waste
- The physical setting of the superfund site you selected
- The history of use that resulted in contamination
- The environmental fate and transport of the contaminants
- The mechanism of actual or potential human exposure
- The environmental health risks associated with the contaminants
- The remedial measures implemented or proposed
- The potential benefits of assessing and promoting environmental degradation of the contaminants
Prepare a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation on the Superfund project that illustrates the findings from your research.
- For Local Campus students, these are 15- to 20-minute oral presentations accompanied by 10 to 15 Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations with notes.
Format citations and references consistent with APA guidelines.