1. TCO 1 - The ____ does not write any data to disks. It signals the DBWn to begin writing to disk by issuing a checkpoint.
2. TCO 1 - The ____ does not write any data to disks. It signals the DBWn to begin writing to disk by issuing a checkpoint.
3. TCO 1 – In order for computers to collaborate with one another, they use ____ connections to communicate with each other.
4. TCO 1 - On Windows, the default ORACLE_HOME for an Oracle10g, Release 2, database server installation is ____.
5. TCO 9 - The ____ collects statistics about tables or objects such as updating the optimizer with the proper number of rows in the table.
6. TCO 9 - The database has a service called the ____ process. This process waits for incoming connections into the database.
7. TCO 9 - ____ is a valid client installation configuration.
8. TCO 1 - Oracle has over 10 background processes that run when Oracle starts up. These background porcesses support and monitor the server processes and handle database management tasks to keep the database running effeciently and to help maintain fast performance. List 4 of these background processes and describe exactly their functionality. Please be thorough in your response.
9. TCO 9 - You are a junior DBA who has been asked to do some work in the database environment. Briefly discuss the steps you would take to startup the SQL *Plus editor application and SQL *Plus Worksheet so you can do your work.