Prepare a 1,050 to 1,400-word paper on either sexually explicit communication or fair trial.
o Sexually Explicit Communication Paper
Critique the regulation of current obscenity laws. Use both your text and outside research. Address the following questions within your paper:
· Describe the Miller Test. What are community standards? Are community standards an appropriate way to determine obscenity?
· How do legislators use time, manner, and place restrictions (such as zoning) to regulate the expression of obscene or erotic material?
· How does recent federal regulation attempt to control obscenity?
o Fair Trial Paper
Analyze the legal balance between free press and the three important methods below by which the courts assure a fair trial. Address the following questions within your paper:
· Traditional judicial remedies
· Restrictive orders to control publicity
· Closure of proceedings and Sealed documents