Choose two of the following types of electronic media:
· Sound recording
· Motion pictures
· Broadcast television
Research the history of the media types your team selected. Include the following information in your presentation:
· Notable founders and parent organizations of your electronic media types
· Notable historical dates
o Dates of mergers with other radio stations, record production companies, motion picture companies, or television networks to form a large media conglomerate
o Date the media types launched their websites, became active on the Internet, or became active in social media integration
· Identify past, present, and future challenges confronting these types of media. How has the digital era affected them? Which types are best suited to adapt to the future? Explain why.
· How do these challenges affect advertising in these organizations—outside companies advertising—and advertising for these media—companies promoting themselves to others? What are innovative advertising strategies these media have engaged in?
· What are two similarities and two differences between the two media types?
Present your Electronic Media Presentation.
· For Local Campus students, these are 5- to 7-minute oral presentations accompanied by Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations