Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you analyze your experiences as a member of at least one team—sports teams, Learning Teams, and so forth—and one small group—family, friendship circles, work relationships, and so forth.
Answer the following questions:
- Who were the participants of the team and the group?
- How was each formed? Is this typical for team and group formations? Explain.
- What differences were there between the team and the group dynamics? Why?
- How might these experiences be different for a virtual team or group? What unique characteristics are there for a virtual team or group?
- In each team and group, how did members take on roles?
- What norms were developed in the team and group? How did these develop? Explain.
- Were there status differences within the team and the group? Why or why not? What effect did this have on the group performance?
- Identify at least three interpersonal needs as noted by Maslow and Schutz that were met through the team or group experiences. Explain why the team or group experiences met these needs.
- What is your overall impression of working in teams and small groups?