Conflict, Power, and Influence in Interpersonal Communication Presentation
Create a presentation for the class on identifying and managing conflict. The presentation can be based on a situation from real life, a movie, a book, or the team’s own creative ideas.
o Include a depiction of the conflict.
o Include elements of power and influence.
o Emphasize the strategies used to manage the conflict.
o Be creative in the design of your presentation. Utilize pictures, drawings, graphs, or charts where appropriate. Do not simply make a PowerPoint presentation with pictures from the movie – be creative, brainstorm with your group. Attempt to use other media.
Prepare your presentation using any of the following media:
o Microsoft® PowerPoint®
o Adobe® Flash®
o Visual depiction utilizing cardboard, construction paper, corkboard, or any other material
Note: Upload video or podcasts to a host site, such as YouTube or PodBean, and submit the link.
• Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word essay that summarizes your presentation.
• Address the following in your essay:
• Identify the principles of Interpersonal conflict that were depicted.
• Discuss how power and influence were displayed in the presentation.
• Summarize the conflict management strategies that were used and why.
• Format your essay consistent with APA guidelines.