Your company has been using Traditional Project Management (TPM) methods for years, but is now looking into the possibility of adopting agile practices. Your boss has asked you to prepare a paper comparing TPM to agile practices and summarizing the benefits and limitations of each.
Write a 5-page paper including, at a minimum, the following information:
- Briefly describe the TPM waterfall method.
- Briefly describe one or more Agile project management approaches.
- Compare and contrast TPM and Agile methods, emphasizing the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Discuss what kind of projects would be more appropriate for TPM approaches and what types would be more appropriate for Agile approaches.
- Discuss how a project approach is selected for different types of project. Provide an example by selecting an approach (agile, waterfall or a hybrid of the two), and explaining your rationale for the selection. Remember to focus on the project approach and not get involved in the technical details of the project.