Use the examples of 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, Columbine School Shootings, or other recent crisis or emergency event selected by the instructor.
Compare the ways that you might conceptualize the experience of victims, witnesses, or anyone associated with the event from two different theoretical approaches.
Choose two of the affective approaches studied and compare and contrast their effectiveness in the emergency scenario.
Write a 3- to 4-page paper. Address the following issues:
- How do therapists using each of these perspectives view the client and client’s problem? In general, for short essay, yes
- How are the goals of treatment similar or different in these approaches? Differences are implied. Far for “complete” opposites as writer stated. Watch hyperbole.
- How would the process of therapy be different? Implied Gestalt is more directive.
- What is your overall comment about how these approaches compare in your chosen event? Fine summary.
- Given your understanding at this point, which of these approaches would you most likely consider using? Persuasive reasoning that read as considered and authentic.
- --*How would you adjust your approach, if you would, when working with diverse populations. An insufficient answer that lacked insight and was contradictory to own statement. See Code of Ethics.