BUS 660 Week 1 DQ 1 Leadership defined
Present an overview on the concept and definition of Leadership, including a discussion of the various myths associated with the term. Then, detail the principle difference between leadership and management. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings
BUS 660 Week 1 DQ 2 Education and experience
Education and Experience. Discuss the role of education and experience in the development of a leader. Specifically, present a logical, researched argument on the characteristics of a person’s background that would make them predisposed to be a leader. Respond to two of your classmates’ postings. In your response, describe what the traits tell you about that student? What are the common themes in your list and your classmate’s list of traits?
BUS 660 Week 1 Developing Leaders at UPS
Developing Leaders at UPS. Read and answer the questions to the UPS case study. Submit your answers to the case to the instructor.
BUS 660 Week 2 DQ 1 Leadership potential
Discuss the common measures, and best practices, in measuring leadership success. Propose one additional theory that you would utilize to evaluate the success, or competence, of a leader. Respond to two of your classmates’ postings.
BUS 660 Week 2 DQ 2 Leadership Values
Discuss the role of values, ethics, and morals in
leadership. Research for a specific example of a true leader (someone who “does the right thing”).
BUS 660 Week 2 Leadership Styles
Leadership Style. Write a 3-5 page paper on the concept of leadership style. Include at least three cites (from the textbooks, non-textbook sources) along with personal experiences. Address following questions:
- § Define the term and concept of leadership style.
- § Brief discussion of a minimum of three (3) leadership styles.
- § Discuss how one’s leadership style is developed, and the process one would follow to modify their
- § Describe your leadership style along with the advantages, and challenges, of that style in today’s business
BUS 660 Week 3 DQ 1 Leadership Behavior
Leadership Behavior. Provide an overview of two leadership behavioral studies, concentrating on their implications to better understand a leader. Additionally, discuss strategies and methods an individual may consider to change their behavior and enhance their leadership abilities. Respond to two of your classmates’ postings.
BUS 660 Week 3 DQ 2 Leadership Relations
Leadership Relations. A critical component of a leader’s success is their ability to develop effective relationships with their superiors, their co-workers, and their subordinates. Propose and discuss at least three strategies a leader should adopt to enhance their relationships with superiors, co-workers and subordinates. Respond to two of your classmates’ postings
BUS 660 Week 3 Leadership Traits
Leadership Traits. Write a 3 - 5 page paper on the concept of leadership traits. Include at least three cites (from the textbooks, non-textbook sources) along with personal experience. Address the following questions:
- § Define the term and concept of leadership traits, including those traits associated with successful leaders.
- § Expand upon the effect of personality and intelligence on a leader, including how one’s personality and
level of intelligence impact their leadership success.
- § Present a minimum of two leadership studies or theories that discuss leadership traits. Propose/promote
your theory on the subject of leadership traits, including those traits which you feel are important for a leader’s success.
BUS 660 Week 4 DQ 1 Motivation
- are satisfied employees more motivated? Respond to two of your classmates’ postings
BUS 660 Week 4 DQ 2 Groups and Teams
Groups and Teams. Those leaders who have the greatest impact are those who can influence a group or team. Briefly discuss the difference between a group and a team, and the strategies a leader should consider to influence a group or team. Respond to two of your classmates’ postings.
BUS 660 Week 4 Leadership Skills
Leadership Skills . Write a 3-5 page paper on the concept of leadership skills. Include at least three cites (from the textbooks, non-textbook sources) along with experiences from your work, etc). Address following questions:
- § Define the term and concept of leadership skills.
- § Present and expand upon a minimum of three (3) skills that are necessary for an individual to be an
effective leader. Support your assertions and statements with course materials and other supporting
- § Discuss how these leadership skills will lead to technical competence by a leader.
- § Evaluate these skills against your own skills. Develop a brief plan detailing how you will acquire and/or
strengthen these skills as you progress in your future
BUS 660 Week 5 DQ 1 Theory of Leadership
Contingency Theory of Leadership. Highlight the most prominent situations affecting leadership from the Industrial Age to the Information Age. Then, briefly discuss two of the contingency theories of leadership. Respond to two of your classmates’ postings
BUS 660 Week 5 DQ 2 Empowerment
BUS 660 Week 5 Big Changes for a Hospital
Big Changes for a Small Hospital. Read and answer the questions to the Hospital case study. Submit your answers to the case to the instructor
BUS 660 Week 6 DQ 1 Transformational versus Transactional Leadership.
Research, evaluate and discuss the similarities and differences between the Theory of Transformational Leadership and the Theory of Transactional Leadership. Converse about the common characteristics of a transformational and a transactional leader. Respond to two of your classmates’ postings.
BUS 660 Week 6 DQ 2 Charismatic Leaders: Wonderful or Dangerous?
Charismatic leaders are often characterized by passion and a clear vision of the future. This type of leader often elicits an emotional response from followers and generates excitement needed to change things
BUS 660 Week 6 Final Paper
One of the most challenging tasks of a leader is to transform an organization, to reengineer and restructure that organization to meet the evolving demands of both the customer and the marketplace. In your paper, choose a company that is not meeting the expectations of its stakeholders (which could include its investors, bondholders, employees, or customers).
- Provide a brief background of the company, along with 2-3 current problems/challenges.
- § Propose a minimum of 3 organizational/structural changes that address these challenges.
- § Select, define and expand upon a change model that would be utilized to implement these changes in the
- § Discuss the role of the leader in this change, including the specific style and skills that would best be
needed in this instance.
- § Discuss how barriers to success along with a plan to overcome these impediments.