5. A tool to help focus on the most significant problems is
6. Which of the following describes the quality definition of fitness for use?
7. Which of the following is not a part of Philip Crosby's philosophy of quality?
8. In reference to quality cost classifications, training and equipment design would fall in the ____ category.
9. GE's Six Sigma problem solving approach employs five phases. Which is not one of the phases?
10. Which of the following emphasizes defects per million opportunities as a key measure of quality?
11. Which of the following is not considered part of Total Quality?
12. ISO 9000:2000 principles consist of all of the following except
13. Machine down time and downgrading costs are examples of which type of quality cost?
14. The dpmo or epmo for a threesigma quality level is
15. Causeandeffect diagrams would help most in which phase of the DMAIC problemsolving approach?
16. Which of the following is most closely related to Statistical Process Control (SPC)?
17. Honda wants to monitor the number of blemishes (scratches, blisters, etc.) on the fenders of its cars using a statistical process control chart. The most appropriate type of SPC chart is
18. RitzCarlton Hotel Company uses which one of the following methods to control quality?
19. A bottling process sometimes results in overfills or underfills. Overfills are especially damaging to the equipment. Which process capability index would this company most want to monitor?
20. If one was monitoring the average time to load a web page, the chart to use would be the
21. Statistical calculations will show that if p = .01, then the sample size needed to have at least a 95% chance of finding at least one nonconformance is
22. To monitor the fraction of printed circuit boards that do not pass a functional test, a(n) ____ is used.
23. A supplier is producing a machined part for the transmission of your vehicle. The upper specification limit is 0.125 cm and the lower specification limit is 0.085. The process standard deviation for the process that makes this part is 0.008 and the process average is 0.105. What conclusion can be drawn from these process capability data?
24. Quality at the source means that quality is controlled by
25. Evaluating the tradeoffs between the costs of detecting and replacing a defective part or allowing it to continue on through the production process is related to
26. Which of the following is not related to a continuous metric?
27. Which of the following is not a component of a control system?
28. Which of the following suggests a process that is not in control?
29. The center line (pbar) for a pchart is 0.50 with an UCL = 0.70 and a LCL = 0.35. The results of the next eight sample means are 0.45, 0.60, 0.39, 0.44, 0.48, 0.53, 0.54, and 0.61. What would you do?
30. Which is not related to a discrete metric?