Prepare a 700- to 1,050-word paper on leadership and supervising influence in human services programs. Include the following information:
- Identify the three roles of the leadership model: manager, mediator, and mentor.
- Summarize the key elements of the supervisory process.
- Describe the following challenges that may arise when supervising employees and being supervised by a superior:
o The transition to the supervisory role
o Performance below expectations
- Explain factors that influence job design, hiring, training, and performance appraisal that supervisors must take into account.
- Discuss each member’s personal challenges that he or she faced as a supervised employee or while supervising other employees.
Create a list of five to eight challenges that you addressed in your discussion. As a team, what do you feel are the most common challenges related to supervising or being supervised?