Conduct a visit to a site such as a women’s shelter, a half-way house, a hospital, an agency, or a human services department of a company, where behavioral and/or cognitive-behavioral techniques or programs are used. Interview a human service worker or the director about the programs that employ behavioral and/or cognitive interventions or models. You must conduct a site visit and complete the interview. You will not receive credit if you simply write about a program. The instructor reserves the right to verify whether or not you visited a particular program.
Write a four-to-five page report (paper) of your visit addressing the following elements:
- The program you visited, who you interviewed, and their role in the agency.
- What population participates in the program?
- Who are the players in the program or interventions?
- How did they determine a need for the program?
- How is the effectiveness of their interventions measured?
- What other models and theories are represented in their programs?
- Do they have plans for other programs or interventions which use behavioral or cognitive models and techniques?
- What is your conclusion about the program?
Submit your completed paper.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.