Choose a model or theory of helping which is not addressed in any significant detail in the classand get approval for the topic from the faculty member. Examples of such theories would be Adlerian, Gestalt, and Transactional Analysis. Make sure that you have chosen a topic on which adequate research and writing is available to support your presentation.
Each Learning Team member must be involved and contribute to the development of the paper.
Include the following information in your presentation:
- The history of the development of the theory;
- the beliefs on which it is based;
- the important contributors or practitioners of the theory;
- the theory of helping;
- the relationship between the helper and the client;
- some techniques or approaches developed;
- the kinds of problems addressed;
- the populations on which the techniques are used;
- multicultural issues in using these approaches; and
- research findings on the model or theory.
The paper is to be between 1400 and 2100 words. Submit the paper in APA format and with 3 references, in addition to the textbook, and remember your Certificate of Originality