Visit a site such as a women’s shelter, a halfway house, a hospital, an agency, or the human services department of a company, where behavioral or cognitive-behavioral techniques or programs are used.
Talk with human services workers or the contact person about their programs that employ behavioral or cognitive interventions or models. Some areas to explore:
- What population participates in the program?
- Who presents the program or interventions?
- How is the effectiveness of their interventions measured?
- How did they determine a need for the program?
- Do they have plans for other programs or interventions which use behavioral or cognitive models and techniques?
- What other models and theories are represented in their programs?
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word report on your visit, detailing the information you gathered and briefly describing your reactions and feelings about the program. Submit the paper in APA format and with 3 references, in addition to the textbook and remember to submit your Certificate of Originality.