Resources: University of Phoenix Materials: Intraspecific Competition, and Interspecific Competition
Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that includes the following:
- An overview of intraspecific competition and interspecific competition: Explain these terms, and provide a brief overview of each.
- How does intraspecific competition and interspecific competition affect populations?
- Review the intraspecific competition data in the University of Phoenix Material: Intraspecific Competition.
- How is the predator community affected by low numbers of prey?
- How do high numbers of predators affect the prey community?
- What are some possible effects on other species?
- Review the interspecific competition data in the University of Phoenix Material: Interspecific Competition.
- What behavioral data might be inferred from this graph?
- What factors might be responsible for the success of the older mothers' offspring?
- Propose a scenario that might explain the data recorded. How might interspecific competition affect the reproductive success?
- How does intraspecific competition and interspecific competition drive natural selection and evolution?
Include data in the graphs to support your answers.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines. Reference the student website as well as any outside sources used.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
- For Local Campus students, these are 5- to 10- minute oral presentations accompanied by Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are Microsoft® PowerPoint®presentations with speaker notes. Speaker notes should address what you would say in an oral presentation.