Sculpture in the 20th Century Presentation
Locate examples of contemporary American sculpture on the Internet that are not included in the text. Include examples of each of the following: Art Deco, Social Realism, Modernism, Surrealism, direct carving, Abstract Expressionism, found objects, Pop Art, Minimalism, and Process Art. (You can find definitions for these styles in the course text.)
Prepare a 5- to 10-minute Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you address the following:
- How the different sculpture movements, illustrated by the selected images of the sculpture pieces, reflect the development of sculpture in the 20th century
- The materials used in your selected pieces and why different movements used different materials
- How the culture of the 20th century influenced the styles of sculpture
Present your Sculpture in the 20th Century Presentation.
- For Local Campus students, these are oral presentations accompanied by Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations with notes.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines and include a slide with all references.