Resources: Review Ch. 7 of Oxford History of Art: Twentieth-Century American Art, the Week Four Electronic Reserve Readings, "The Principle of Selection," your Video Reflections, and at least one additional scholarly online or library resource.
Prepare a 7- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you examine the connection between the work of Andy Warhol and popular culture.
Include responses and discussion of the following in your presentation:
- An overview of Andy Warhol's biography
- A description of Pop Art
- A description of at least 3 works produced by Andy Warhol
- A discussion of how Warhol's themes and subjects examined American culture
- 1 or 2 slides comparing the work of Warhol to that of Robert Rauschenberg which responds to the following:
- What did both Warhol and Rauschenberg have in common in regards to their art work?
- How were their subjects a reflection of the era in which they were created?
Submit your Pop Art and Andy Warhol Presentation.
For Local Campus students, these are oral presentations accompanied by Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations.
For Online and Directed Study students, these are Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations with speaker's notes which support and expand upon your bulleted text.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines and include a slide with all references.